Saturday, February 26, 2011

My Imagination: Poodles, Doodles, and Noodles (for the kiddies) This is the unpublished sequel to my published book for children, "My Imagination".

The sniffles kept me home from school;
I have a temperature.
I’ll bet my friends miss me today;
I’m missing them for sure!

The rain is pouring down outside,
 As I watch from my bedroom. 
My chin is on the windowsill
And my day is filled with gloom.

Mom’s preparing chicken soup
To soothe my stuffy head.
I’m tired of being cooped indoors
And lying in my bed!

I’ve watched TV, read some books,
Done homework and played with toys;
But, still I’m bored and lonely
And my head is full of noise!

I’m feeling rather down, no doubt,
And my exhausted body aches me;
I thinks it’s time for me to go
Where my imagination takes me.

It’s raining cats and dogs galore
Around my neighborhood.
I’ll bet my imagination
Can make this day seem good!

It’s raining felines everywhere
There are canines by the oodles!
Raindrops turn into kittens
And puddles into poodles!

Poodles are running all about—
Some pink, some orange, and blue;
A lemon yellow Laborador
And red Chihuahuas, too!

Mr. Nelson’s car next door,
Which once was soaked with rain,
Has become a massive brute—
A giant, blue Great Dane!

He frolics up and down the street;
He’s chasing cats and poodles
I think I’ll give this Dane a name…
I’ll call that big boy “Doodles”.

Purple cats are climbing trees
At Mrs. Johnson’s house;
One of them is running from
A little speckled mouse.

Collies, Shepherds, and Bulldogs,
Black ones, white ones, gray;
Puppies raining from the sky
Can brighten any day!

Kittens in all colors,
Sizes, shapes and such;
My imagination
Lets me see so much!

A Greyhound rides Ricky’s bike
                        As Doodles rides mine, too!
                         Daschunds turn into hot dogs
As gray skies change to blue.

There are cats in every color
A few are wearing clothes.
Some pansies turn into Yorkies
With little yellow bows.

As sunshine lights the sky again,
They have a celebration
All the dogs and cats and rainbows
From my imagination!

When mommy brings my chicken soup
The creatures disappear;
She sees the smile across my face;
“What’s going on up here?”

“It’s raining cats and dogs outside!”
“That’s right,” my mother said.
“Now, leave that windowsill, my dear,
And settle into bed.”

She set my cup of soup aside
And helped me into bed;
And then she took my temperature
And kissed my cool forehead.

I told her of the things I’d seen,
As I sipped my chicken noodle;
Of kittens falling from the sky
And the puddles that were poodles.

It was my imagination
That helped me realize
There’s more to rainy days than gloom
And gray and cloudy skies.

The next time that you’re lonely
Or you’re bored, or sick or blue,
USE YOUR IMAGINATION…

No comments:

Post a Comment