Thursday, March 10, 2011

Queen Feline

feline majesty at its best!
resting
from your fearsome hunt last night?
frightful sight
to tiny prey!
sleep all day if you must.
I trust
you’ll hunt again tonight.

her majesty in calico!
I don’t know
the world nocturnal eyes perceive.
you leave
relentless chase
of unsuspecting prey
for flannel sheets.
you seem so sweet
to humankind.

matriarch!
how shrewd her majesty!
manipulating those
of tender heart
with begging strokes
and soft meows.
my sympathetic heart allows
you take control
of your domain.
you reign
within the borders of this place
you chose as home.

your satisfaction
brings contented purrs
to human ears.
I’m happy that you’re here 
to comfort me.
‘tis my reward to care for you,
your majesty.
rest well, sweet queen,
until the darkness
calls you out again
when contented purrs
become sinister growls
in your nocturnal reign.


No comments:

Post a Comment