Saturday, March 5, 2011

To Quinn Michael from God

Dear Quinn Michael,

          I hope you like the gift I sent you this year. I’d heard you wanted a dog, and understood that you needed one. I found one that needed you, too. I got her used…not in the best of shape, I admit. I did that on purpose. I knew that if you were willing to spend a good bit of money to patch her up, then it’s likely that your heart would be in it. Turns out you were willing to do just that. (By the way, I sent you the money, too.) Now, I realize she’s got some pretty worn-out teeth, and eyes like Marty Feldman, but, trust me…she’s a darn good mutt! I think you’ve already figured that out. A lot of buddies have come into your life in the short time you’ve been around. Many more will come and go, but I’m telling you right now that one thing is for certain: This year, your 23rd year of life, you have met more than a buddy or pal, you have met the best friend that you’ve ever had. The memories that you make with your loyal companion, Layla, will always stand out as some of your most favorable. No matter what your mood, she’ll love you anyway. No matter what you act like, look like, talk like, walk like…smell like…that goofy-looking mutt…well…she’s still gonna love you anyway. Your buddies may betray you. They may envy you. They may find a flaw in your character or personality that just doesn’t suit them. They’ll put conditions on their friendship. Your friend, Layla, will do none of those things. She can’t. She’s not programmed that way. No dogs are. I made sure of that when I created them. Your wish is her command. She lives to please you. Her happiness comes from making you happy. Take care of her. She’s gonna take good care of you. I promise…and I always keep my promises!

Happy birthday!

Love, God






  

No comments:

Post a Comment